It is a fact that women get cheaper auto insurance rates in comparison to men. Because, according to statistics, women meet fewer accidents than men. And this is the reason they get lower premium than men. But, is this the only reason women are getting lower rates than men? Let's, unveil the mystery.
Why do women get this advantage?
- Men are more risk taker than women.
- From Crash statistics 2000-2009, Department of Transportation claimed, men are more risk taker. .
- Insurance Information for Highway Safety (IIHS) claimed 71 % male victims died due to crash.
- When it comes to seat belts and suspected license, women are also in a far better position than men. They wear seat belts 10% more than men.
- Women hardly get into a car accident. Gender-based statistics on risky driving behavior goes against male drivers.
- According to The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, , it has been proven that speed plays a vital role. And here again, .
- FBI claimed, for DUIs 743,029 men were arrested and 244,195 women arrested in 2012.
- A cheaper car means less auto insurance premium. Men usually choose a car that are pricier to insure.
How can men also get lower auto insurance rate like women?
1. Getting a defensive course
In some states, as per the law, the insurance company will have to offer discounts to those people who have taken a defensive driving course.
These courses aren’t at all much costly and take less time to learn. So, if you want to save extra money on auto insurance, you can join the course.
2. Choose the right car
. While buying a car, it's essential for you to decide as to which car you need rather than how the car looks. Thus, you can save lots of dollars on the auto insurance policy.
3. Have a good credit score
Having a good credit score is important to take out new credit. So, before applying for the auto insurance policy, check your credit score. If you don’t have a good one, try to improve it as fast as you can. Remember, , .
4. Get discounts
If you have no records of accidents or tickets, then you can easily qualify for discounts such as:
- You can get discounts if you’re a teacher, scientist, doctor, engineer. . Ask the insurance agent for these discounts.
- Try to keep some features (alarm, anti-theft device) to get a lower rate.
- Good educational records also help you in getting low premium offers on auto insurance. So, .
Women get this advantage as per reports till date. But, there are still many chances for men to get the best auto insurance quote. You can't change the driving record but at least can try your best to save money on auto insurance. If you’re a safe driver, then it's time to prove. Have a talk with the company (you’ve chosen to buy insurance from) about the eligibility and your driving behavior. Also, . Don’t feel bad on the gender-biased rating, instead focus on the lower rates that you can easily afford.