Today, modern cars need costly spare parts and electronic diagnostics machines to solve any problem. You can’t fix every problem or do any maintenance job alone. You need to contact either a local mechanic or an authorized dealer/certified technician for the delicate maintenance job.
But practically, , with the help of simple tools and your experience. Save your wallet and precious time by fixing your car. If you’re aware of the basic troubleshooting and repairs, you can definitely solve various automobile issues. Later, you can also solve complex issues after getting enough experience by doing easy repairs initially.
1. Replace air filter - Clogged air filters are messy enough to lower your car’s performance on many levels. . You can easily change an air filter.
2. Change the engine oil - It is very easy to change the engine oil with certain precautions. , , so wait until the engine becomes cool for awhile. A couple of hours should be fine to cool down the engine. You’ll need a new oil filter, ratchet, wrench, funnel, new oil, and oil container to complete the oil changing process.
3. Clean the spark plugs - First of all, you need to clean up your spark plug. If it gets blocked with carbon, you need to clean it with a dry brush. . If you think that the spark plug is no longer in working condition, then replace it with a new one. Spark plugs for most cars are cheap. By this way, you can give your car a better fuel consumption and mileage.
4. Check windshield wipers - Fix the broken strips of rubber from the old wipers and add new ones. Change your windshield wipers when it gets old enough as the old ones can create a problem to your vision while driving in the rain. .
5. Check headlight bulbs - Headlights are very crucial, especially in the night. Check all the front headlight bulbs and replace them if needed. .
6. Fix exhaust pipes - If you are getting shitty noises from your car, especially from the back, it might be the damaged exhaust pipe or the structure. Most cars add rubber loops for holding the exhaust pipes. These pipes can be damaged due to any accident and can be repaired. .
7. Check the brake pads - The brakes give the ultimate protection from any accident while driving. Always keep the brake pads in good and optimal condition. Brake pads are considered as the main component of your car’s safety system. , , , , .
8. Fix fuel filters - You need to change the fuel filter if possible. It’ll cost you somewhere around $15, depending on the car. Once you change it, you can save hundreds of dollars from your wallet. It’s because if the fuel pump gets blocked due to dirt and carbon, it can damage the engine also. Fuel filters are crucial in maintaining fuel injection properly. It also keeps the carburetor systems clean and working. But remember to release the fuel system pressure before changing the fuel filter, it’ll help you to prevent any injury or damage.
9. Clean the car radiator - You must always clean your car radiator at regular intervals. . But when you drive the car, the radiator also build some deposits, which can clog the entire cooling system. So, if you flush out the dirt from the radiator, it’ll keep the cooling system in perfect condition. But make the engine cool before doing any cleaning work to the radiator.
So, use these simple but effective car repair tips that will definitely help you. If the situation goes out of your hand, don’t hesitate to call a professional car repair agency.