The holiday season can be one of the most fantastic times and it involves a lot of enjoyment, special traditions, delicious treats and more. This is definitely a wonderful time of the year and more so for the kids. However, fact remains that this is also a time when kids can be rather prone to accidents. This is why apart from being busy with the festivities, it's also important that you take care of the kids. For if some unfortunate accident is to happen, then even emergency rooms at the doctors is one of the busiest during festive times.
Take care of kids during festivities in the best possible way
Now, the hustle and bustle of the festive time might just lead to a few accidents, but it's best to follow few guidelines that'll help you take care of your kids.
- Keep them away from poisonous plants: Amongst many other decorative items, there are mistletoes, holly, poinsettia and many other such plants. These happen to be potentially poisonous and hence you should take care to keep them out of reach of the children. Few common symptoms of plant poisoning include nausea, rashes, diarrhea and vomiting.
- Keep the kids away from alcohol: Alcohol poisoning is also another common thing amongst kids during the holiday season. If you're hosting a holiday party, then it's quite natural for you to serve alcohol. At the same time you should take care to remove all empty as well as partially empty cups and glasses as soon as possible. You see, kids have the tendency of imitating adults and they might try drinking from the cups and glasses having seen adults doing so. Now, the important bit remains that kids become intoxicated far easily as compared to adults, hence even a little amount of alcohol consumption can prove rather dangerous for them.
- Don't let kids play with any and every item: It's important you take care that your kids don't start playing with any and every item. This is essentially because the holiday season sees a lot of decorative items being used like tree ornaments, icicles, light bulbs and even small toys. Kids are bound to find these items exciting and are keen to play with them. However, these are rather hazardous items for it can result in their choking which should always be avoided.
- Avoid using real candles and likewise: It's advisable that you avoid using real candles or any other source of fire when decorating for the festive season. This is obvious since on using them, there always remains the chance that it can easily lead to a fire. No matter how careful you are, all it takes is a spark to burst into flames even before you realize what's happening.
- Keep breakable stuff out of children's reach: It's important you keep all breakable items and cutlery out of reach of children. In case they break, then the kids can harm themselves from the broken pieces.
Follow the above mentioned guidelines to avoid some major accidents during the holiday season and as a result take care of the kids better.