Are you tired of spending a sizeable portion of your paycheck on your grocery bill? If yes, then you should start looking for the ways to trim your grocery bill. You can certainly take advantage of traditional tips to save money on your grocery bills. However, apart from the traditional tips such as staying away from branded items and restricting yourself from impulse buying, there are some other interesting tips to save money on your grocery bills. Read along to get acquainted with 5 interesting tips that may help you save on your grocery bill.
Little known grocery saving tips you should be aware of
Here are the 5 little known grocery saving tips that may help you trim your grocery bill:
1. Being well aware of the coupon polices: Visit the website of the various stores to know about the coupon policies. This will assist you get the good deals. For example, some stores may offer special discount coupons on certain days in a week. Some times they also increase the coupon values on those days. So, on a triple coupon day, a $3 off coupon will be regarded as $6 off. So, you can always visit the store on the special days while returning from your office to make purchases at a low price.
2. Do calculations to grab the best deal: You should do quick calculations with help of inbuilt calculators in your mobile phones before purchasing an item. Calculate and compare the per-unit price with the product quantity. This may help you to buy the right product at a low price.
3. Watch out for the multiples: Departmental stores often come up with several good offers to attract more and more customers. Some stores will offer 2 bottles of fruit drinks at only $10. But if you purchase only 1 bottle, then you'll have to pay $20. In such kind of a situation it will be a fatal mistake to let go of this offer. You can have 2 bottles at $5 each.
You should always look for multiples. This way you can avoid paying more than you have originally intended to on the bad deals. For instance, it does not make any sense to purchase a huge quantity of a certain product for obtaining the deal price.
4. Take advantage of loyalty rewards: Some of the big stores across the country are offering loyalty rewards to the regular customers. The main idea behind these rewards is to attract as many customers as possible. For example, if you get a reward card, then you may get discounts on your next purchase. You may even win as much as $400 cash-back rewards at a certain store. So, try to do shopping at a store that offers loyalty rewards, cash-back rewards to the loyal customers. This way, you may be able to save lots od money in a year.
5. Go for bulk packaged produce: Retain experts recommend consumers to go for the bulk packaged produce instead of lose produce. The reason is, they are comparatively cheaper than loose produce. Bulk packaged produce is priced as per unit where as the price of loose produce is set on the basis of weight. So, it is better to go for the bulk packaged produce if you can afford it.
Last but not the least, you should maintain a cordial relation with the store manager for he/she can give you detailed information on the store's policies and special offers. The store manager can suggest you smart tips to save money on your purchases. He can also tell you about the reward programs and some exciting promotional offers. So, develop a friendly relationship with the store manager and shop smartly.