Do you often go for cheap products in order to stay within the budget but compromise on the quality? If you are doing so, then you might be spending more in the long run. Check out the following items which you can buy at relatively cheaper rate but you may have to pay a bigger cost later.
- Low cost batteries - It is always better to buy batteries of reputable brands, since they last longer. This will help you save money since you can use them for a longer time period. Always use good quality batteries for your expensive gadgets. However, though you can use comparatively low cost batteries in television remote and in remotes of other gadgets, yet should not use batteries of brands you haven't heard of.
- Cheaper tools - While buying a tool, think whether you'd need that tool in your everyday life or you'll use it for once or twice. If you are buying a tool which you'll need to use regularly, then it makes sense to buy a quality product instead of buying a low cost one and feel the need to buy a good one later. If you need an instrument regularly, then it'll quickly pay off the investment you had made.
- Low-priced household cleaning products - Even if you think you're saving money, cheap household cleaning products are not much effective. It is better to use items already at home to clean your kitchen or bathrooms. Moreover, you can experiment and use much less quantity of detergent (instead of the amount printed on label) and still get clean, soft clothes.
- Lucrative online auctions - Have you ever bought items at bargained rate from online auctions and felt you had a good fortune? If yes, then how did you feel when you had to pay the shipping charge? It is true. So, next time, when you place a bid for an item auctioned online, make sure you calculate the shipping charge, which sometimes may be almost triple the amount you're paying for the item.
- Low-priced cookware - Though you need to pay quite a few dollars more for a quality cookware, yet they will last you a lifetime. Whereas, you can momentarily save money by buying cheaper cookware, but you might have to replace them often. What you can do is buy good-brand cookware when they're offered at discount rates. Almost every stores offer items at discount rates sometime or the other in a year. So, buy good quality cookware at this time in order to save money and not compromise on the quality.
- Introductory offers - Almost every one of you might have taken advantage of introductory offers; such offers promise to give something at low cost for a certain time period. But, how many of you remember to cancel such offers, which come with the tagline that you need to pay a fee in order to enjoy the privilege after the introductory period is over? Most of you realize this when you see the specific charge on your credit card statement. Therefore, it can be said that such offers are helpful only for those who are organized and remember to do the cancellations within the due date in order to manage their finances effectively.