It requires no mention that you can use your smartphone for a lot more things than just texting or calling, like your normal mobile phone. But, are you aware how many ways you can use your smartphone in your daily life? Here are some of the ways your smartphone can help you save money and manage your financial situation better.
- Finding out the shortest route - Your smartphone can help you find out the shortest route to your destination and help you save money on fuel. You can either download the Google Maps or use the default navigation system of your phone. This device will help you avoid high traffic areas and you can reach your destination fast.
- Locating one of your bank ATMs - Sometimes it might be really difficult to find your bank's ATM when you are driving to an unknown destination. If you are in the same situation, you can use your smartphone to find a free ATM near you. It may not seem to be a lot of money to pay $2 as ATM fee, but isn't it better to spend it on your vacation instead of giving it unnecessarily as a fee?
- Getting discounts by using online coupons - With the help of your smartphone, you can browse through various websites for popular stores, coupons and hot deals in order to buy items at discount rate. Moreover, the easy drag-and-drop option lets you seamless mobile coupon redemption without much hassle.
- Reserving a hotel on your way - Had you ever have to reserve a hotel midway because of inclement weather and you cannot drive to your destination that night? In such a situation, you can use your smartphone to find out a good but inexpensive hotel where you can spend the night and start your journey the next day. Some application like âExpedia hotels app' can help you locate a good hotel nearby and also you can make reservation on the go.
- Locating a good restaurant at cheaper rate - Your smartphone can also help you locate a good restaurant nearby. Everyone wants to try new and local cuisine on a vacation. Not only you can search for a good restaurant in your smartphone, but also you can check online reviews to find out how the customers have rated it. Thus, you can choose a good bit inexpensive restaurant that has received good reviews.
Above all, you can use your smartphone to plan a budget and evaluate it from time to time. What application can be more handy than your smartphone with the help of which you can plan a monthly budget and also review it at the end of month to check out how far you've been successful and where you went wrong? This will help you to plan a realistic budget which you'll be able to follow and manage your finances in a better way.