A perfect Thanksgiving is having fun with friends and family while cracking jokes in the dining table filled with delicious dishes. The fun will touch your heart more if you make all the meals on your own and get compliments on the dinner table.
Cooking like a chef requires a lot of planning. You have to organize everything right from drinks to desserts, to make your dear ones happy. You also need to decorate the Thanksgiving party perfectly with nice celebration vibes.
So, for your help, some top chef's recipes and decoration ideas are discussed here.
a. A drink for all
Do you want to prepare a special drink for all your invitees including children? Here you go.
Pick some cranberry and enjoy a lively aromatic and colorful Thanksgiving party.
Name: Cranberry Caipirinha
- Aquavit: 1/3 cup
- Lime wedges: 2
- Water: 1 tablespoon
- Sugar: 1 tablespoon
- Fresh cranberries (chopped): 10
- Pick a stylish glass and fill it on the rocks.
- Take a cocktail shaker and put cranberries, sugar, water, 1 lime wedge and mix it with a wooden spoon.
- After that, add the aquavit, ice and shake it carefully.
Voila! The drink is ready to serve. Just you need to garnish with the remaining lime wedges.
b. Appetizers for both veg and non-veg guests
Serve some rocking appetizer to your guests. These are not at all time taking. Believe me!
Name: Bacon and Date Appetizer (non-veg)
- Sliced bacon: 1 pound
- Almonds: 4 ounce
- Package pitted dates: 1 (8 ounces)
- Preheat your broiler.
- Slit the dates and place one almond on every date.
- Then wrap the item with bacon.
- Make sure you pin them with the toothpick.
- Then broil for 10 minutes.
- When the bacon gets browned and crispy, the dish is ready to serve.
Name: The popular pumpkin dip (veg)
The forever popular appetizer for guests who love sweet most. The add-on benefit is it takes just 15 minutes. So make it fast!
- Package cream cheese softened: 1 (8 ounces)
- Confectioners sugar: 2 cups
- Can solid pack pumpkin: 1 (15 ounces)
- Ground cinnamon: 1 tablespoon
- Pumpkin pie spice: 1 tablespoon
- Frozen orange juice concentrate: 1 teaspoon
- Take a medium bowl and blend cream cheese and confectioners properly with sugar until it is smooth.
- Now mix the pumpkin puree.
- Stir in the cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and orange juice until smooth and blend well.
- Done! Refrigerate it and serve!
Name: Hot crispy corn fritters
Serving hot corn fritters in cool weather is a great idea.
- Oil for frying: 3 cups
- Sifted all-purpose flour: 1 cup
- Baking powder:1 teaspoon
- Salt: 1/2 teaspoon
- White sugar: 1/4 teaspoon
- Egg: 1 lightly beaten
- Milk:1/2 cup
- Shortening:1 tablespoon, melted
- Whole kernel corn drained: 1 (12 ounces) can
- Take a medium bowl and mix flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- Beat together egg, milk, and melted shortening; stir into flour mixture.
- Mix in the corn kernels.
- Now, take a heavy pot and heat oil.
- Drop fritter batter by spoonfuls into the hot oil.
- Fry until golden.
- Drain on paper towels and serve hot.
c. Lip smacking side dishes
Thanksgiving dinner is incomplete without having a gorgeous sauce as a side dish on the table. Here are some classic recipes for typical side dishes.
Name: Cranberry Sauce
- Orange juice: 1 cup
- White sugar: 1 cup
- Cranberries: 12 ounces
- Set a medium heat and place a medium-sized saucepan.
- Make the orange juice ready with sugar beforehand.
- Then stir all the preparation in the cranberries and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Don't stop cooking until the cranberries start to pop.
- Then remove the dish and place it in a beautiful bowl, and you'll see the sauce is ready.
Name: Sweet Potato Casserole
- Sweet potato cubes: 4 cups
- Vanilla extract: 1/2 teaspoon
- Packed brown sugar: 1/2 cup
- Butter, softened: 3 tablespoons + 4 tablespoons
- Chopped pecans: 1/2 cup
- Milk: 1/2 cup
- Salt: 1/2 teaspoon
- Eggs: 2 beaten
- White sugar: 1/2 cup
- At first, preheat the microwave to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Boil the sweet potatoes in medium heat and then mash them.
- Take a big bowl and mix white sugar, eggs, salt, butter, milk, and vanilla extract with potatoes and mix well until you get a smooth batter.
- Then place it in the 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Then take another bowl and mix flour and brown sugar.
- Then add the butter and stir in pecans and pour the mixture over the potato. Finally, bake it for 30 minutes in a preheated oven.
- Once the topping turns brown, you can easily serve the dish.
Name: Soft meat loaf
This dish is a must in Thanksgiving. Easy and yummy.
- Ground turkey: 2 1/2 pounds
Chicken-flavor stuffing mix: 1 1/2 cups
Milk: 1/3 cup
- Take a large bowl and mix turkey, stuffing, eggs, and milk.
- Spread the mixture in a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F(175 degrees C).
- Spread mixture in a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
d. Unforgettable main dishes
Stuffing is yummy. You can pick ingredients that you prefer for a different taste. For example, you can replace cranberry with other dried fruits of your choice.
Name: Turkey Stuffing with Sausage, Apple, and Cranberry
- Unsalted butter: 4 tablespoons, melted
- Turkey stock: ¾ cup
- Cooked turkey liver: 1, finely chopped
- Minced fresh parsley: 1/2 cup
- Dried cranberries: ¾ cup
- Golden Delicious apple: 1, cored and chopped
- Dried thyme: ½ teaspoon
- Dried rosemary: 1½
- Dried sage: 2½
- Chopped celery: 1 cup
- Chopped onion: 1 cup
- Ground turkey sausage: 1 pound
- Cubed white bread: 3 3/4 cups
- Cubed whole wheat bread: 1 ½
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Take a large baking sheet and spread the white and wheat bread cubes in a layer.
- Then place it in the oven and bake for 5 minutes.
- Place it in a bowl until evenly toasted.
- Then take a large skillet, set it over a medium heat and cook the sausage and onions until they turn golden brown.
- Add celery, sage, rosemary, thyme and stir and cook for 2 minutes until it gets blended and smells yummy.
- Pour the sausage over the bread bowl and mix the fruits (chopped apples, cranberries, parsley, liver).
- Add the turkey stock, butter and mix carefully.
- Finally, fill with the turkey and serve hot.
Name: Special Thanksgiving salad
Its very easy to prepare. Your children can help you as well while preparing.
- Head iceberg lettuce: 1, torn into bite-sized pieces
- Shredded carrot:1 cup
- Diced celery:1/2 cup
- Diced onion:1/4 cup
- Creamy salad dressing:1 cup
- Prepared yellow mustard: 1 tablespoon
- Shoestring potatoes:2 cups
- Take a large bowl. Mix lettuce, carrot, celery, onion.
- Take a small bowl, stir together the creamy salad dressing and mustard.
- Mix well so that it is evenly coated.
- Stir in the shoestring potatoes just before serving.
e. Yummy Dessert
The forever-known dessert recipe that can make your sweet-toothed family members happy.
Name: Pumpkin Pie
The great part of this recipe is that you don't need to bake it. A delicious, easy to make and yet pocket-friendly cake will make the day remembering.
- Pumpkin puree: 1 (15 ounces)
- Beaten eggs: 2
- Sweetened condensed milk: 1 (14 ounces)
- Salt: ½ teaspoon
- Ground nutmeg: ½ teaspoon
- Ground ginger: ½ teaspoon
- Ground cinnamon: 1 teaspoon
- Package unflavored gelatin: 1 (.25 ounce)
- Prepared graham cracker crust: 1 (9 inches)
- Take a heavyweight saucepan.
- Mix gelatin, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt smoothly.
- Then stir the mix in condensed milk, add beaten eggs and stir well.
- Wait a minute and keep it on the burner.
- Make sure you cook on low heat. Otherwise, it will burn.
- Continue stirring for 10 minutes.
- When it will become thick and the gelatin dissolves, then turn off the heat.
- Stir the mix in pumpkin.
- After that pour the mixture into a graham cracker crust and keep it aside for at least 3 hours. Then serve it.
Some easy decoration ideas to create a perfect Thanksgiving ambiance
If you're cooking like a chef, then you must create a perfect ambience for the whole family and friends gathering on this Thanksgiving day. Don't worry; you don't have to spend a lot for the Thanksgiving decoration. My ideas include ingredients that are already available in your kitchen.
1 Fruits place cards
If the list of invitees is long, then putting place cards can be an excellent good idea. Your guest can find their place at the Thanksgiving table. Use fruits you already have. Write down a sweet message with the name of the person.
2 Candle holder using apple
Candles are forever a favorite decoration item. However, you can use them in a different way. Buy some tea light candles and place them in apples like a crown. Make sure you remove the metal holder. These candle holders are the perfect match with a Thanksgiving dinner table.
3 An eatable centerpiece using variety of fruits
Buy a lot of apples, pears, and a big pumpkin. Place them in a big tray and decorate with some greenery. Your centerpiece is ready with great fall vibes. Your guests can also eat them while waiting for the dinner.
Finally, completing the whole idea can be hectic for you. Don't take the whole stress alone; ask your children and spouse to help you. Welcome them into your kitchen and give them small tasks. You'll find that they will do the tasks very easily and also have fun throughout the day.
These tips can help you cook like a chef, and you can arrange a great party for your dear ones. I hope you'll be requested to arrange another party, with some great food, by your children, husband, and guests.