Are you looking for a good car that fits comfortably in your budget? Here are following tips, which you can follow to buy a suitable car at an affordable cost.
- Calculate your affordability - Always assess your financial situation and calculate how much you can afford, before you start looking for your dream vehicle. Compute how much you have to pay on interest payments, on the gas, etc. It will help you choose a car.
- Always test drive before buying - Do not buy a car without going for a test drive. By doing so, you get to know if there are any problems in driving the car. You should also inspect the vehicle carefully. Check out whether or not there are odors and any kind of stains in the upholstery.
- Ask relevant questions to the car dealer - You should ask certain questions to the car dealer before buying the vehicle of your choice. You should ask whether or not the car has been involved in any accident, the history of the car, etc. If you're buying the vehicle from the owner, then always ask the reason behind selling the car and has there been any problem with the vehicle.
- Get help from a mechanic - After you short list a car, always take the vehicle to a mechanic for the final checkup. The mechanic will be able to detect if there's some problem with the car, which may not be visible to you. If the seller refuses to involve a mechanic in the procedure, it will be wise decision to not buy the car.
- Get a copy of the history and safety report - Irrespective of whether you're buying the vehicle from a car dealer or the seller, ask for the history and safety report of the car. Think twice before purchasing the vehicle if the seller or the dealer refuses to give such a report.
- Negotiate on the price - Do not settle for the price quoted and always negotiate on the price of the vehicle. There is no harm in asking; you never know the dealer/seller might reduce the price to some extent. Also discuss the financing plan if you're buying the car from a dealer. You can compare the current market price as it will help you negotiate on the price.
You can consider buying a car during the month of December. This is because, during this time, most people remain busy looking for online shopping deals. So, the car dealers offer discounts on cars in order to entice the customers to buy new cars. Another great for buying a car is during July to October as the car dealers want to clear space for new car models. So, try to take advantage of these two times in order to buy your dream car at a comparatively lower price.