Do you have the habit of planning your meals for the entire week well ahead? If yes, then you can save your precious time and money, and also provide good food to your family members. However, not only planning your meals ahead, but also you need to plan effectively in order to save considerable amount.
- Understand the sales cycle of the stores - If you have the habit of shopping your grocery items from one or two stores, then learn about their sales cycles. If you follow carefully, then you'll come to know that food items are offered after every 4-6 weeks. Therefore, you can buy these items, when they're offered at discount rate, at a large quantity so that they last till the time when they would be offered at discount rate.
- Be flexible with your meal planning - The grocery stores offer discounts on foods from time to time. So, you can save money by planning your meals around the discount foods. This way you can follow your budget and at the same time, eat healthy. For example, if you visit the store and see that apples are offered at discount rate, then make apple the prominent food in your portion of fruits for the coming week. However, do check the expiry dates before buying items in bulk.
- E-mail to receive the coupons - If you like a specific item but you cannot find discount coupons of that product anywhere, then you can e-mail the 800-number to that company in order to get discount offers. You will continue receiving discount coupons of your favorite product.
- Buy required items with cash - Believe it or not, you can save a significant amount if you use cash to buy your weekly grocery items instead of using credit. The financial experts are of the view that you tend to save more when you use cash. Doing so also sets an example to your children to use cash to buy the required things instead of buying them with credit cards.
- Buy items fresh and uncut - Do you know that you have to pay much more if you go for prewashed and cut vegetables? Yes, several surveys have revealed that you can save about twenty dollars per month if you buy the fruits and vegetables from the grocery store and wash and cut your portions at home.
Just by spending a few minutes every week you can save significant amount. What you have to do is research, clip and most importantly, organize your coupons such that you can take out the one you require at the grocery store. To do so, clip your coupons item wise and store wise so that you can take out the exact one in the blink of an eye, thus saving your precious time and money.