Apparently it may seem that lowering the price of the home is the only option to sell a home in the down market. However, it is not always true. You can increase the attractiveness of your house to the prospective buyers. Here are a few tips on how you can make your house lucrative for the best deal even in a down market.
- The offer should look good to the buyers - You can make the offer lucrative by offering to pay the closing cost. This is one of such good deals which you can offer to the prospective buyers to make your property more attractive and salable in the down market.
- Make your house attractive than that in the neighborhood - Your house should look unique in comparison to the similar houses in your neighborhood. So, if required, invest for some good landscaping or decorative windows in order to add value to your home. However, while making any home improvement, do not invest much and remember to appeal to much larger audience.
- The house should look good externally - It is said that the first impression is the last impression. A buyer gets the first impression of the house from its external view. So, if possible, have a fresh coat of paint and make sure the landscape is in good condition; that is, the lawn is well manicured.
- Make your house neat and clean - The impression should last in a person's mind when he/she enters the house. So along with the exterior, the interior should also be neat and clean. Try to remove excess furniture so that the rooms look bigger. You can stack your excess furniture in a room, if required. Many researchers are of the view that stagers can make a house more salable by replacing your old furniture with modern ones. However, you'd have to spend some dollars to impart a new look to the interior of your home.
- The fixtures should be in workable condition - The fixtures in the house should be in workable condition and in compliance with current building codes, so that a buyer doesn't have to spend time and money to replace them and can move right in after buying the property. So, get the plumbing and electrical fixtures in compliance with the current building codes and the appliances need to be in working order as well.
At last, it should be mentioned that do whatever you can to make your house look lucrative in the down market since there are abundance of property. So, even if you improve its external appearance, remove all the clutters and fix all the electrical work, you should also quote the price carefully. Therefore, it is better to consult a local realtor along with online real estate websites to find out the price of the comparable homes in your area. You should do it so that you don't quote a price that is way beyond the comparable properties in your area. So, quote a fair price and get the best deal even in this kind of economic condition.