You must be aware of the fact that buying grocery items in bulk help you save considerable amount. But there are some more things, other than grocery items, for which you can enjoy more facilities if you purchase in bulk. Here are some ways to save money by buying in bulk.
- Using an unlimited mobile plan - Switching to an unlimited low-cost prepaid mobile plan can help you save money without compromising on the time you want to chat over phone. Not only for unlimited minutes, mobile companies also offer discounts on texts and data if you buy a certain amount of prepaid card every month or sign up for a definite post-paid connection.
- Buying sports tickets for the entire season - Are you a specific sport lover and love to watch it in the stadium? If yes, then buy tickets for an entire season and benefit yourself financially. Moreover, you might also get playoff tickets at a much cheaper price if the season gets extended.
- Going for airline ticket packages - Similarly, the airlines also offer discounts if you buy ticket packages. Sometimes, certain airlines offer discounts on two destinations for a certain time period on or above a definite number tickets. You should also sign up for mileage points especially if you have the habit of travelling in one airline only. After accumulating certain points, your tickets can be upgraded or you may reserve tickets at a comparatively lesser price.
- Purchasing multiple gift cards - Just by visiting the warehouse store, you can get hold of multiple restaurant gift cards as well as movie tickets for a much lesser price. So, get a membership of such a warehouse store and buy gift cards in bulk to save money.
- Order 90-day supply of medication if you need it regularly - Many people have to take certain medication regularly. If you're one of them, why not order a 90-day supply instead of a usual 30-day refill. However, before doing so, make sure that you'd require the medicine(s) for three months.
- Sign up together for gym memberships - Most of the gyms offer family and friend discounts when you sign up together. A gym may also offer discounts if you recruit a person you know. So, talk to your friends and family members and join a gym together or get admission in a gym where you already have a family member or a friend. However, it is better you talk to different gyms and the offers, and then go for the one that suits you the best.
- Sending the siblings in the same college - You can cut down tuition costs by sending your children to the same college. There are many schools which offer discounts for siblings who attend sessions at the same time. If you are applying for FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid), then the contribution you're making to the school will be same irrespective of how many children are covered.
Last but not the least, buying fresh fruits and vegetables from your local harvest can save you significant amount every month. You can look for a CSA (Community-Supported Agriculture) program in your area to purchase your supplies in bulk. By doing so, you can save as much as 50% of your grocery bill; however, you need to buy in bulk correctly. It means you need to find out the proportion you can consume before the items perish. You can also find another household and buy the items together and split the cost within yourselves. Following these strategies, you will be left with a significant amount every month, which you can use to improve your financial situation.